I’m very much not planning on doing a wrap up of my capsule wardrobe each week. Taking a picture of my outfit each day was such a pain. I can’t imagine doing it every day for the next three months. But, I did want to do a quick recap and reflection on how the first week went.
To sum it up: not too well. It’s September, but this week ended up being one of the hottest so far this summer, which was challenging because a good portion of my capsule is fall-focused clothing and I didn’t include any very lightweight stuff in it, aside from the viscose shirt seen in Thursday’s outfit.
Another problem with the capsule: I felt bored. I kept wanting to cheat and wear something not in the capsule. Actually, the shirt I wore on Wednesday isn’t in the capsule. I pulled it out of summer clothing because it was a hot day (not that that particular shirt is particularly lightweight, it’s silk, and heavy. I ended up having to change out of it before leaving the house to go out that evening).
Maybe when the temperature dip below 90 or so degrees, sticking with the capsule will be more fun, since I’ll actually get to layer and wear more than just sleeveless shirts and skirts. For now, though, my big question is: Will I make it through the season with just 41 pieces of clothing?
What I’m wearing:
- Monday’s outfit: Top, Banana Republic (old), Skirt, Banana Republic
- Tuesday’s outfit: Top, Banana Republic (old), Skirt, BCBGMaxAzria (way old, I’ve had this since 2010)
- Wednesday’s outfit: Top, Equipment (available here), Skirt, J.Crew
- Thursday’s outfit: Top, Boden (here), Skirt, Anthropologie (old)
- Friday’s outfit: T-Shirt, J.Crew (similar here), Skirt, J.Crew (old)